If you do karaoke often like I do, you start to run out of songs. Well, not really run out of songs, more like you get stuck in a rut thinking that you’ve sung EVERY POSSIBLE song you could EVER want to sing. When you’ve hit that wall it can be fun to do a theme night to get the creative juices flowing. My friends and I have set a theme for the night at karaoke, and it’s usually fun and hilarious! We’ve had nights where someone else has to pick your song, or you have to sing a song from a musical or movie soundtrack. It can be fun to mix things up and do songs you wouldn’t normally do.
- Suicide night – only do songs you’ve never done before
- 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. night – only sing songs from a particular decade (even more fun if you dress the part!)
- Guilty pleasures – come on, you know we all have ‘em! Belt ‘em out!
- Disney hits – if a cartoon didn’t sing it, it’s no good!
- Gender bender night – get out of your range and sing songs made famous by the opposite gender
- Cheesy love songs – the sappier, the better!
Have you done a theme night? What themes would you add to the list? Would you be game for a theme night at a #TechKaraokeSEA event?